ZALOGUJ SIĘ

<you>, <one> and <they> as indefinite pronouns

zmodyfikowany: rok temuostatnia aktywność: rok temu
<you> and <one>
As subjects, either can be used:
Can you/one camp in the forest?
As object, <you> is the normal pronoun:
They fine you for parking offences.

<you> is more common in ordinary conversation. It is a more "friendly" pronoun and implies that the speaker can imagine himself in such a position.

<one> is more impersonal and less often used, though the possessive <one's> is quite common:
It's easy to lose one's/your way in Venice.

The correct possessive form must be used:
One has to show one's pass at the door.
You have to show your pass at the door.

If instead of <one> or <you> we use a singular noun, the possessive adjective will obviously be <his> or <her>:
One must do one's best.
A traveller has to guard his possessions.

<they>
<they> is used as subject only. <they> can mean "people":
they say = people say, it is said
They say it is going to be a cold winter.

<they> can also mean "the authority concerned", i.e. the governmnent / the local council / one's employers / the police etc.
They want to make this a one-way street.

Source: A Practical English Grammar, A.J. Thomson, A.V. Martinet
Marcin48
darkobo - Dodam, że "they" jest również używane, gdy nie znamy płci osoby o której mówimy lub zdanie dotyczy obu płci, np. "Never push a loyal person to the point where they walk away and no longer give a damn". (jedno z moich ulubionych powiedzonek :) ). - rok temu zmieniany: rok temu
piotr.grela - Z tymi płciami to nie jest tak prosto bo jest ich dobrze ponad 50, 70...
dlatego "they" jest często najbardziej odpowiednie.

Kiedy byłem młody świat był prostrzy w podręczniku do biologii pisano, że podstawową komórką społeczeństwa jest rodzina, składająca się z mężczyzny i kobiety.

Dzisiaj w brytyjskich szkołach uczy się, że rodzina to kobieta i mężczyzna lub dwie kobiety, dwoje mężczyzn, gorzej jest jak tatuś kiedyś był kobietą a mamusia tatusiem...
- rok temu zmieniany: rok temu
piotr.grela - Ludzie biorą ślub z żyrandolem albo ostatnio jeden zdrowy Norweg zapragnął bycia kobietą i do tego niepełnosprawną...
https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/23101806.issue-day-able-bodied-norwegian-identifies-disabled-woman/

Co to ludzie nie robią aby niepracować i żyć z zasiłków...
- rok temu
londynwarszawianka - I’ve read some articles about actors and celebs in the world, who identify themselves as non-binary people and use a pronoun ‘they’. - rok temu zmieniany: rok temu
piotr.grela - Interesting name "non binary"...

In China, Russia the young people want to study IT but in the UK, the US, the western countries - gender studies...
londynwarszawianka - About non-binary from Wikipedia:

Non-binary or genderqueer is an umbrella term for gender identities that are not solely male or female‍—‌identities that are outside the gender binary.

Non-binary people may identify as an intermediate or separate third gender, identify with more than one gender, no gender (agender), or have a fluctuating gender identity (gender fluid).

Some non-binary or genderqueer people use gender-neutral pronouns. In English, usage of singular "they", "their" and "them" is the most common.

Taka ciekawostka, bowiem termin non-binary pojawia sie w anglojezycznych artykulach prasowych, odnosnie pisowni, to slowo jest pisane raczej z myslnikiem albo razem.
londynwarszawianka - Opposite word: binary- czyli binarny (zero-jedynkowy). Jezyk binarny jest uzywany do pisania roznych programow komputerowych. - rok temu

Wykup dostęp, aby dodać komentarz.