ZALOGUJ SIĘ

going to / will. When do we use it?

zmodyfikowany: rok temuostatnia aktywność: rok temu
The <going to> form used for prediction

The <going to> form can express the speaker's feeling of certainty.
The time is usually not mentioned, but the action is expected to happen in the near or immediate future:

Look at those clouds! It's going to rain!

Listen to the wind. We're going to have a rough crossing.

It can be used in this way after such verbs as <be sure/afraid>, <believe>, <think>:

How pale that girl is! I am sure/I believe/I think she is going to faint.

Comparison of <be going to> (used for prediction) with <will> (used for probable future)

<will> is a common way of expressing what the speaker thinks, believes, hopes, assumes, fears etc. will happen.

It will probably be cold/I expect it will be cold.

Tomatoes will be expensive this year/I'm sure tomatoes will be expensive.
<will> and <going to> are therefore rather similar and often either form can be used.

It will take a long time to photocopy all the documents = It is going to take a long time to photocopy all the documents.

But there are two differences:

1. <be going to> implies that there are signs that something will happen, <will> implies that the speaker thinks/believes that it will happen.

2. <be going to> is normally used about the immediate/fairly immediate future, <will> doesn't imply any particular time and could refer to the remote future.

For example, <The lift is going to break down> implies that it is making strange noises or behaving in a strange way; we had better get out on the next floor.
<The lift will break down> implies that this will happen some time in the future.

Source: A Practical English Grammar, A.J. Thomson, A.V. Martinet
Marcin48
piotr.grela - Mam wrażenie, że w brytyjskim języku mówionym, "going to " występuje bardzo częściej i to w formie: "gonna"...
Super temat...

https://youglish.com/pronounce/Gonna/english?
- rok temu zmieniany: rok temu
Marcin48 - Piotrze, mam pozycję, która Cię zainteresuje: ANGIELSKI DLA BYSTRZAKÓW W PROSTOCIE TKWI SIŁA; Gavin Dudeny, Nicky Hockly

Jest tam dużo praktycznego języka. Będę czerpał z tego źródła i robił wpisy na FORUM.
- rok temu
piotr.grela - Dzięki za propozycje.
Wydaje mi się, że z vlogów łatwiej mi się uczyć gramatyki niż z książek.
Going to
https://youtu.be/vZsFu3nyUiY
Crown Academy of English

will / going / be ing / Present Simple
https://youtu.be/2LSBme2M4Qo
Papa teach me English

Wydaje mi się Marcin a właściwie jestem przekonany, że jak coś wydaje się proste i łatwe to tym nie jest np. wymowa brytyjska.

Kiedyś jechałem pociągiem z rodowitym Anglikiem, który od ponad 30 lat nauczał angielskiego i nawet on mówił, że brytyjska gramatyka nie jest łatwa i jak jest jakaś reguła to musi mieć pełno wyjątków.
- rok temu zmieniany: rok temu
labonarek - W sumie nie wiem czy tu 3rd party zrodla mozna polecac/reklamowac, wiec usuwam post - rok temu zmieniany: rok temu

Wykup dostęp, aby dodać komentarz.

Odpowiedzi: 1

Przytoczne taki przykład:
Jestes na meetingu, i wiesz ze jest oczekiwane od Ciebie, zeby cos zrobic. Jak jestes pewien, ze zrobisz to zaraz po meetingu, i nic Ci w tym nie przeszkodzi, to mozesz powiedziec:
- I will do it right after the meeting
Jesli jednak sytuacja jest taka, ze na ta chwile wydaje Ci sie ze to zrobisz, ale istnieje szansa ze wyskoczy cos wazniejszego,
lepiej powiedziec
- I am going to do it after the meeting (if nothing urgent happens)
L
labonarek
piotr.grela - Dla mnie interesujce jest, ze Brytyjczycy mowia: "It's gonna to fall off", ze cos zaraz odpadnie
Zamiast: "It will fall off"...
- rok temu
labonarek - Nie są pewni :). Na to wygląda, ale całkowitej pewnosci nie ma - rok temu zmieniany: rok temu

Wykup dostęp, aby dodać komentarz.