ZALOGUJ SIĘ

Co oznacza wyrażenie "true north for somebody" ?

2 lata temuostatnia aktywność: 2 lata temu
Czy to wyrażenie może oznaczać coś pewnego, stałego dla kogoś?
trefl

Wykup dostęp, aby dodać komentarz.

Odpowiedzi: 2

true north - prawda absolutna.
Non-negotiable, since the compass will show where it is, relative from your current position, and it will never change.
You are my true north.
piotr.grela
2 lata temuzmieniany: 2 lata temu
trefl - Dziękuję bardzo!
Na Diki brakowało tłumaczenia tego zwrotu, a chętnie dodałbym go do powtórek.
- 2 lata temu
darkobo - Wygooglałem coś takiego:
"If you consider someone as your true North, you think of them as something stable that will never let you down. You trust them completely and, as Answers - The Most Trusted Place for Answering Life's Questions puts it, they are sort of a “reality check” for you at any time. You look up to them at all times."
Czyli jakby ktoś, na kto cię nigdy nie zawiedzie, na kim możesz polegać jak na Zawiszy.
- 2 lata temu
piotr.grela - To moje wcześniejsze tłumaczenie tak mi przyszło do głowy ale ono nie jest dokładne i prawidłowe.
true north for someone - może bardziej znaczy: być drogowskazem dla kogoś, wzorem, za którym trzeba podążać.

Znalazłem taką kolokację:
" find true north
To find or proceed on the correct course or in the right direction. A reference to finding the position of the North Pole (e.g., by compass or by locating a pole star) so as to navigate properly.
I would strongly advise that you seek professional legal counsel to find true north in your case against the state."
- 2 lata temu zmieniany: 2 lata temu

Co oznacza 'True North'? tak jak zostalo wczesniej napisane(bowiem wszystkie definicje sa OK); podsumowujac;
1. in geography; 'prawdziwa polnoc' (czyli polnoc geograficzna)- north that is calculated by using an imaginary line through the Earth rather than by using a compass; the direction which leads to the North Pole (Merriam-Webster dictionary). 2 as a metaphor; -'find your true north' is about following your internal compass(as inner sense) that pulls you forward and it guides you on your own path in the life and helps you stay on track to become the person that can discover their 'authentic self' (by Bill George). 3. as a phrase in business; a mission and purpose of the business.

'True north for someone' oznacza bardziej ze druga osoba jest naszym drogowskazem, wzorcem do nasladowania, ktory pokazuje nam kierunek (personnal direction) w jakim chcemy podazac w zyciu. That's all from me.:)
L
londynwarszawianka
2 lata temuzmieniany: 2 lata temu