ZALOGUJ SIĘ

Dla tych co lubią czytać lub słuchać polecam książkę: The Hunger Games Suzzane Collins

zmodyfikowany: 7 miesięcy temu
"The Hunger Games" is a dystopian, novel written by Suzanne Collins and published in 2008. It's the first book in a trilogy, followed by "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay." The story is set in a future society called Panem, which consists of the Capitol and 12 districts. As punishment for a past rebellion, one boy and one girl (known as "tributes") from each district, aged 12 to 18, are selected through a lottery to participate in the annual Hunger Games. The Hunger Games are a televised event where the tributes must fight to the death in a controlled environment until only one survivor remains.

The main character, Katniss Everdeen, volunteers to participate as a tribute to save her younger sister, Prim, from being selected. She's joined by Peeta Mellark, the male tribute from her district. The book explores themes like survival, totalitarianism, and the consequences of war. It has gained immense popularity and has been adapted into a successful film series.

Interesting quotes:

“District Twelve. Where you can starve to death in safety,”

"Happy Hunger Games!” He plucks a few blackberries from the bushes around us. “And may the odds—” He tosses a berry in a high arc towards me. I catch it in my mouth and break the delicate skin with my teeth."

"Since almost no one can afford doctors, apothecaries are our healers."

"The rules of the Hunger Games are simple. In punishment for the uprising, each of the twelve districts must provide one girl and one boy, called tributes, to participate. The twenty-four tributes will be imprisoned in a vast outdoor arena that could hold anything from a burning desert to a frozen wasteland. Over a period of several weeks, the competitors must fight to the death. The last tribute standing wins.

Taking the kids from our districts, forcing them to kill one another while we watch – this is the Capitol’s way of reminding us how totally we are at their mercy. How little chance we would stand of surviving another rebellion. Whatever words they use, the real message is clear. “Look how we take your children and sacrifice them and there’s nothing you can do. If you lift a finger, we will destroy every last one of you. Just as we did in District Thirteen.”

"Starvation is never the cause of death officially. It’s always the flu, or exposure, or pneumonia. But that fools no one."

"All forms of stealing are forbidden in District 12. Punishable by death. But it crossed my mind that there might be something in the rubbish bins, and those were fair game. Perhaps a bone at the butcher’s or rotted vegetables at the grocer’s, something no one but my family was desperate enough to eat. Unfortunately, the bins had just been emptied."

"Let them call the Peacekeepers and take us to the community home, I thought. Or better yet, let me die right here in the rain."

"I’ve never been on a train, as travel between the districts is forbidden except for officially sanctioned duties."

Dla tych co lubią czytać lub słuchać polecam książkę: The Hunger Games Suzzane Collins

"Igrzyska śmierci" to dystopijna powieść napisana przez Suzanne Collins i opublikowana w 2008 roku. Jest to pierwsza książka z trylogii, a następnie "Catching Fire" i "Mockingjay". Historia rozgrywa się w przyszłym społeczeństwie zwanym Panem, które składa się z Kapitolu i 12 dystryktów. W ramach kary za bunt z przeszłości, jeden chłopiec i jedna dziewczyna (zwani "trybutami") z każdego dystryktu, w wieku od 12 do 18 lat, są wybierani w drodze losowania do udziału w corocznych Głodowych Igrzyskach. Głodowe Igrzyska to transmitowane przez telewizję wydarzenie, w którym trybuci muszą walczyć na śmierć i życie w kontrolowanym środowisku, dopóki nie pozostanie tylko jeden ocalały.

Główna bohaterka, Katniss Everdeen, zgłasza się na ochotnika do udziału jako trybut, aby uratować swoją młodszą siostrę, Prim, przed wyborem. Dołącza do niej Peeta Mellark, męski trybut z jej dystryktu. Książka porusza tematy takie jak przetrwanie, totalitaryzm i konsekwencje wojny. Zyskała ogromną popularność i została zaadaptowana na udaną serię filmową.
piotr.grela
londynwarszawianka - Mozna obejrzec tez film, wszystkie czesci. - 7 miesięcy temu zmieniany: 7 miesięcy temu
piotr.grela - A nie wiedziałem, że jest film. Choć tytuł mi się obił o uszy...

W tym wypadku oglądanie serialu jest lepsze niż czytanie książki, bo można też ćwiczyć rozumienie ze słuchu.
- 7 miesięcy temu zmieniany: 7 miesięcy temu

Wykup dostęp, aby dodać komentarz.